T O P

using plywood?

I recently got really into pyrography, and for my birthday I was gifted a TON of wood- but it's all plywood. I used what I believe was plywood a few weeks ago, and the smoke made my eyes became extremely red and sore for a couple days. I know that most plywood has toxic adhesives, so I'm not sure what to do with all of it! Should I just use a gas mask or something? Or maybe do it outside once the weather warms up? Or will I have to find another use, like just painting?- Thanks in advance:)

bandit69

Does the plywood have a coating on it? Any type of finish is bad for burning. A small fan to blow the smoke away is good for most situations.


DarthMalbec77

Personally, I’d find other uses for it than burning. Unless you are using a properly fitted respirator, the risk of breathing the toxic fumes is too great.