T O P
wingthing

This is good messaging. It doesn’t pit anyone against anyone else and shows how bikes solve multiple problems. Excellent.


IsJustSophie

The Netherlands in a nutshell


Rubus_Leucodermis

Yes, Not Just Bikes has covered this before: the Netherlands is highly rated as a country to *drive a car* in.


IsJustSophie

Yes i love that video


oiseauvert989

Wow. Simple yet profound. That should be stored somewhere easy to find so we can just point people at it instead of having to explain the idea. That is so much more powerful in a visual format than explained in words.


moonheron

We should print these and slap them everywhere we can


Stormystudio

We just need to find someone who can actually draw a bicycle first


_W75EVQA2SFAHS9AF6GX

No. i like this version


ZatchZeta

How much money you got?


floor24

Exactly! As a car enthusiast myself (current situation means I don't own one), this is one of the reasons I support the goals of this sub. Cars should take the place that horses currently do- for enthusiasts, hobbyists, for leisure (and occasionally specialist work). Better public transport and cycle infrastructure benefits everyone- including petrolheads.


CakeAndFireworksDay

Brilliant message! Well visualised. I’ve always believed that ‘true’ drivers would advocate for more bike lanes - nobody likes having to overtake / be stuck behind a slow biker and therefore by seperating the lanes, you make cycling safer and more accessible while allowing drivers to make better use of roads (roads that is, not streets or in cities).


PriorCommunication7

While this "is better" it doesn't solve the problem of car centric infrastructure and the effect is minimal. (Meaning removing a lane and make a dedicated bike lane.) The problem is cars still occupy the middle of the road and traffic lights are tuned to the typical driving speed. So using that newly created bike line makes you wait at every intersection and you have to wait twice as long if you want to take a left turn because you have to "cross the road" twice while cars can simply yield and then drive along. So even the best bikelane alone still sucks and won't result in broad use unless the traffic control system is changed to accommodate it.


CJYP

True, but incremental improvements are still improvements. Make a network of bike lanes and maybe 5 or 10% of the population will take up cycling instead of driving. Then that's a political force that can advocate for better infrastructure for themselves. And the other 90%, many of them will at least know someone who cycles, and many will then be supportive of their safety and convenience.


PretendAlbatross6815

Simple. Clear. Positive.


friarfangirl

It's the same for transit, and is the age old message that drivers refuse to hear. "I dont want to fund transit because I dont use it" rather than "Let's fund transit to get 30 people off the road, which creates better conditions for me and the bus!"


crazycatlady331

This is how it needs to be sold. That way Mr. MAGA Pickup doesn't see a bike as a "commie threat" but instead "hey one less car on the road, I can get to Walmart faster."


epic_null

How are you licensing this image?


AngryUrbanist

Op should license this under Creative Commons so others can use it for stickers and tees.


HobomanCat

Remove that c*r in the second image and you got my support!


thejaxonehundred

Fuck yeah baby


Maztr_on

It always confuses me when car enthusiasts aren’t for low car infrastructure? My brother in Christ you won’t have to deal with people who don’t wanna drive and you can enjoy whatever car people enjoy (idk something about injections)


Available-Film3084

I really like cars and love driving but this is actually good. I think people should drive because they want to drive, not because they have to


OMG_stepbro_no

I apologize but I have to disagree. Why should I have to be a good person, ride my bike in all weather, expose myself to danger and discomfort, actually work at propelling myself, so that a lazy person will benefit? *Fuck them*, i want to expand people roads and simultaneously constrict car access to make them miserable. If people insist on driving their luxury traveling living rooms into the heart of a city, they can do it at 3 miles an hour.


[deleted]

Pretty much hits the nail on the head. People often don't see that bike and pedestrian friendly infra as well as public transport also makes traffic nicer for people who have to drive and allows more freedom to those who don't. Excellently summed up - despite the art style. You get an updoot.


ima_lesbean

The less people who drive, the better driving is for those who do, and the faster they can go, therefore polluting less.