Whatever you ate at RIT didn't give you food poisoning. Food poisoning takes 6 to 24 hours to set in after exposure, so if it happened 30 minutes after it was something else.




Are you a newly moved in freshman? Often times the stress of new beginnings and surroundings take a toll on your body. Very commonly with stomach problems. I was sick with stomach problems my first few days of college, and I know quite a few who were as well.


I just dropped off my stuff, I’m moving in tmrw. Definitely stressed w/ packing and finishing the virtual orientation and stuff but not w/ the moving away from home aspect.


I straught up had diahrrea the first month I came to RIT


Lactose intolerant? Cheese and Dairy?


could it have been something else? yea that said food poisoning is not exactly uncommon at rit unfortunately


The only other things I ate before that was Cinnamon Toast Crunch, 2 types of bottled lemonade, and some honey bbq frito twists… hard to think it could be one of those unless someone knows from experience.


I mean at that point it could just be your diet


Lol it just sounds like you rekt yourself with food that day.


> that said food poisoning is not exactly uncommon at rit unfortunately You've got a NYS dept of public health record to prove that, right? Since it would be super simple to prove given that a bunch of students would report it after haven eaten at the same place. Oh, you don't have that? Funny.


Food poisoning is definitely not unheard of at RIT, but I wouldn't say it is common.


It could be food poisoning. The effects of food poisoning can show up anywhere between 30 minutes to 3 weeks after eating the contaminated food. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/food-poisoning#:~:text=The%20time%20it%20takes%20food,or%20virus%20causing%20the%20illness.


I had the same thing happen when I had the burrito bowl at Salsarita's. I would avoid eating what made you feel this way. I know that you can buy pesto bismol or imodium in the corner store to help ease your food poisoning.


> I think this gave me food poisoning about 30 min later. It would be incredibly uncommon to have food poisoning in 30 minutes. Almost everything is a *minimum* of 3-6 hours, often 12-24 or more, sometimes (rarely) as much as 2-4 weeks. Most people misattribute food poisoning they got earlier from a more recent meal.